The human placenta is rich in iron, hormones and nutrients, specifically made by your body for you! Encapsulating allows you to take advantage of these in a palatable way, by having it dried and put into capsules.
Your placenta will be prepared using a Traditional Chinese Medicine-inspired approach, which involves cleaning, steaming with lemon and ginger, followed by dehydration. Quantity of capsules will vary, but usually is somewhere between 90 and 150. In most cases, I will contact you to arrange to deliver your capsules around 48 hours after pick up. Occasionally, if I’m attending birth, I will contact you to make a later arrangement.
How do I get started?
- Fill out the form at the link below. Confirmation of your reservation will be sent upon receipt of your deposit.
- If delivering at a Fraser Health Hospital, plan to bring a small cooler and two ziploc bags to store your placenta safely. (A 12 can pop cooler is ample size)
- If delivering at home, please ask your midwife to place the placenta in two ziploc bags and refrigerate until pick up. Please do not freeze unless you have arranged that with the encapsulator, as it will add significant time to the process.
- At the hospital, or at home, remind your caregiver that you are wanting to keep the placenta (and cord if possible)
- Please add my cell number 604-259-1227 to your phone, so you aren’t searching on the day. I can be contacted at my office hours between 9 am and 9 pm to arrange pick up of the placenta at your location.
What is the cost of encapsulation?
- Regular capsules $220
- Vegetarian capsules $230
Click HERE to fill in your reservation for placenta encapsulation